Thursday, July 12, 2007

Selling Lemons the Old Fashioned Way

My last post on Linguine with Shrimp got me thinking about lemons. I ran across this picture I took exactly at this time last year in Italy, south of the Amalfi coast on the coast of Basilicata, to be exact. We were staying in a little, tiny dot on the map called Acqua Fredda - an absolutely wonderful location for anyone interested. Besides the fisherman who delivered his daily catch in a little skiff, the lemons were delivered daily in this adorable red Renault (or is it a Citroen?). The vendor was so friendly that when I asked him if I could take a picture, he insisted on loading my arms with his lemons. When I explained that we were actually heading to a hotel in Rome and immediately onward to the U.S., he still insisted saying that they could be eaten like an orange, "just peel them", in our hotel room. What could I say, except "Grazie."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading your post. You have a very nice way to express yourself.

I hope you will find the time to visit my blog too :)

http://beygale.blogspot.com/

The Passionate Palate said...

Thank you for the kind words, Din.