Saturday, November 3, 2007

Promotion and Smiles

Yes, I am about to commit shameless self-promotion. Well, if I can't do it, why would I expect anyone else to do it for me? Right, so on with the promo, Jeni...

I have a few spots left on two of my Italy trips next year that I want to let people know about. The first is a trip to Tuscany (May 26 - June 1) and the second is to the Veneto & Friuli (June 2- June 9). My small group (no more than 14 participants) journeys are designed to show people the real Italy through the wine and food of each region. I want people to experience Italian culture the way that I have been able to over many years of travel and work there. I want to give people a sense of what it is like to live there, to feel Italian to understand where traditions came from and to take them off the beaten path. These trips involve tastings at wineries that are normally not open to the public, meetings with winemakers and winery owners, often meals with them, eating in restaurants that are dedicated to preserving traditional cuisine, tasting artisanal food products, and always having fun. I build in ample time for participants to wander, explore, photograph, visit museums, or relax.

If you would like more information on these trips you can visit these links, or email me at passionatepalate AT gmail DOT com.

Now for the Smiles-
Scarlett and "From the Shores of Introspect and Retrospect" bestowed this "You Make Me Smile Award" on me weeks ago, and I am only getting around to a proper THANK YOU just now. (My apologies dear Scarlett.) I know these things may seem a bit silly to some, but what a beautiful gift to make someone else smile. Lifting others up is the real award. As St. Francis's famous prayer states, "It is in giving that we receive."

Now it is my turn to receive by giving this award to others. (I try not to duplicate tagging someone I tagged recently, otherwise, there would be a lot more bloggers on this list.) If you have already received this award, then count yourself lucky to have made another person smile! Of course I would give it back to Scarlett if I could, because she always makes me smile.

Dana at A Child of the Universe for being exactly that!
Sussanah at Ink on My Fingers for inspiring me to be me.
Chris at Mele Cotte for always having a sense of humor in her posts.
Jenn at The Leftover Queen for the smile on her face and in her words.
Katie at Olio di Oliva Sogni di Vino for her aliveness.
Frida at Portraits of Afghanistan for giving us image of beautiful faces and places.
Thank you all for making me smile, again and again.








16 comments:

Chris said...

Jeni! Thank You!!! You're so sweet to think of me. I am truly honored. :)

The Passionate Palate said...

Chris - you are welcome and it is true that your blog always makes me smile!

Rowena said...

Absolutely nothing wrong with self-promotion, although I would be lousy at doing the same for myself, a more behind-the-scenes sort of gal.

Hope you fill up those empty seats! That time of year is so very lovely in Italy. :-)

Thistlemoon said...

Thank you so much Jeni! You are such a sweetheart!

Susannah Conway said...

Hi Jeni, thank you for this honour! you're so sweet :-) sending blessings to you xxo

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

That sounds like a great trip.

katerinafiore said...

Jeni, Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it!! Grazie tanto!!

The Passionate Palate said...

Rowena - we have to try, don't we?

Jenn - you are most welcome!

Sussanah - you, too, are welcome and blessing to you!

Helene - Thank you...I think it will be!

Katerina - Prego!

Susan from Food Blogga said...

Hi Jeni! Thanks for visiting my blog. You know, Chris from Mele Cotte is one of favorite bloggers of all. She always make me smile, and she warmed my heart by passing along the award to me. So, now I'll get to make somebody's day. Thanks!

The Passionate Palate said...

Susan - I agree...Chris is always there with a smile. I'm glad you can make someone's day now!

Katie Zeller said...

Smiles are nice:-)))

I'd love to go on your Italian trips - both of them, but it's not to be...sigh, maybe the year after.
The sound wonderful!

The Passionate Palate said...

Katie - yes, we can never get enough smiles. You are lucky that you live so close to Italy!

Anonymous said...

Jeni, You totally deserve that award!

The Passionate Palate said...

Maryann - I thank you.

Dana said...

Jeni -

I'm very honored! It's a huge compliment coming from you!

The Passionate Palate said...

Dana - I'm blushing!